FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Wisconsin Public Radio:A record amount of cargo containing components used for generating wind power moved through the Twin Ports during the 2019 shipping season. The surge in wind traffic comes as Duluth-Superior handled the lowest amount of coal in more than three decades.Around 8 million tons of coal moved through the Twin Ports last year, marking the lowest volume Duluth-Superior has seen since 1985. Jayson Hron, spokesperson for the Duluth Seaway Port Authority, said the decline comes as demand for renewable energy sent a record 306,000 freight tons of wind turbines and other components through the port.“It’s becoming more competitive in the power generation price spectrum, and so it’s just making it a more viable, higher demand way of producing energy and power for our country,” said Hron.The cost of renewables like wind and solar have declined in recent years. In addition, natural gas prices are lower than coal as production has reached near record levels, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration. The agency found utility providers have announced retirement of more than 546 coal-fired plants in the last decade that produce around 102,000 megawatts of power.The transition is something people would not have thought possible until recently, said Greg Nemet, a public affairs professor at the University of Wisconsin-Madison who researches energy and policy. “We’re seeing plants that were built in the ’80s — some even in later — that are being prematurely shut down just because it’s much cheaper to make electricity with natural gas and with solar, even when you have to build new plants,” said Nemet.“It’s really a competition between coal, natural gas, and renewables. Over the last 10 years, natural gas especially has been the winner. In the last five years, renewables have really been the winner,” said Nemet. “Coal really can’t compete with either of those.”[Danielle Kaeding]More: Coal shipping in Twin Ports drops to lowest level in decades while wind cargo surges Coal shipments at two Wisconsin, Minnesota ports dropped sharply in 2019, wind cargoes set record
Prosecutor Novan Arianto had demanded at the start of the trial that the defendant be convicted under Articles 80 and 82 on child abuse and molestation of the 2002 Child Protection Law, which carries a maximum sentence of 15 years.Novan said that the prosecution was still considering whether or not to appeal the sentence. “We have seven days to decide on that matter,” he said.Ali declined to comment on his sentence. “I can only say thank you,” he said.The alleged abuse came to light when the school administered psychological tests for its students, during which five students revealed that they had been abused by Ali, who was then the principal of Labschool Unesa’s junior high school division.One of the students responded that she had been physically abused by Ali, while the other four students said that they had been sexually assaulted.The East Java Child Protection Agency has urged prosecutors to appeal the sentence, saying that it was essential for law enforcement to use the Child Protection Law in all criminal offenses that targeted children.”What has happened to the children will potentially traumatize them in the long term. Thus, we must handle [every crime against them] using the appropriate procedure, including providing them with psychological support,” the agency’s chairwoman, Sri Adiningsih, said on Wednesday.Topics : The Surabaya District Court has sentenced Ali Shodiqin, the former junior high school principal of the Surabaya State University Labschool (Labschool Unesa) in the East Java capital, to 10 months in prison after it found him guilty of sexually abusing six students.The sentence was significantly shorter than the prosecution’s demand of six years.The judges had charged the former principal under Article 281 of the Criminal Code on public indecency, which carries a maximum punishment of 2 years and eight months in prison, reported tribunnews.com.
APPBI Jakarta chapter chairwoman Ellen Hidayat previously said 60 malls in the capital would reopen for business on June 5 and four others would reopen on June 8, in line with the Jakarta gubernatorial regulation on PSBB extension, which will end on June 4.Despite saying businesses should wait for the evaluation, Anies stated that he had prepared a “new normal” guideline if the city administration decided not to extend the PSBB. He went on to say that he had also collaborated with several epidemiologists in developing the “new normal” guideline for Jakartans.“The coverage will range from economic, religious, social and cultural activities so we can live our lives while preventing the spread of the virus,” he said, adding that he would announce the guideline on the same day as the PSBB evaluation results.National Development Planning Agency (Bappenas) chairman Suharso Monoarfa previously stated that Jakarta had the potential to become a model for the “new normal”, saying Jakarta had met the requirements.Suharso said there were three criteria for regions to become a model, namely, their basic reproduction number (R0) of COVID-19 should fall below 1.0 for two consecutive weeks, a bigger maximum capacity of hospital beds for COVID-19 treatment than the number of new cases that require hospital care and a swab test capacity of at least 3,500 per 1 million population.As part of the plan to gradually loosen the PSBB, police and military personnel will be deployed to monitor the situation starting on Tuesday in Jakarta, West Java, West Sumatra and Gorontalo provinces. Read also: Concerns mount over reopening of offices, malls as Indonesia steps into ‘new normal’Up to 340,000 officers will be posted at 1,800 public spaces to enforce the limitation of large gatherings and ensure modes of public transportation and commercial areas operate at only 50 percent capacity, according to Indonesian Military (TNI) commander Air Chief Marshal Hadi Tjahjanto.A shopping mall that can accommodate 1,000 people, for instance, will only be allowed to hold 500 people.Topics : “No regulation has been issued that says the PSBB [in Jakarta] has ended.”Anies added that the reopening date of malls in Jakarta would depend on the results of the third phase of Jakarta’s PSBB evaluation, which would be conducted on Friday. He expected the results to come out early next week.”It could be extended, it could also end. It would neither depend on the government nor experts but the behavior of all of us. If people can control themselves and the virus reproduction level drops to below 1, then the PSBB could end on June 4,” he explained.Read also: ‘I don’t think we can wait’: Business groups ready for ‘new normal’ despite risks Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan has refuted the Jakarta Indonesian Shopping Center Association’s (APPBI) claim that shopping malls will reopen in early June, citing the potential to extend the capital’s large-scale social restrictions (PSBB).Anies said the third phase of restriction implementation in Jakarta, which will run until June 4, could be extended if deemed necessary. “So if anyone says the malls will open on June 5, that’s made up, it’s fiction,” Anies told the press on Tuesday night.