Man threatens to bomb Garda station and kill all in it

first_imgA man threatened to “bomb Milford Garda Station” and “kill all the Gardai in it.”Seamus McBride of 17 Moyle View, Milford appeared at Letterkenny District Court after an incident at the defendant’s family home on March 21 last year. Garda Sgt Jim Collins said the defendant’s brother contacted gardai to say the defendant was causing a disturbance.When gardai arrived, the defendant was standing by the fireplace and shouting aggressively at the mirror.He became more agitated when gardai arrived and shouted profanities at them.Gardai said it was clear that the defendant was under the influence of “some sort of intoxicant”.He was handcuffed and refused to get into the patrol car, placing his feet firmly on the ground. He then said he would “bomb Milford Garda Station and kill all the gardai in it”.On arrival at the station, the defendant continued to be aggressive and refused to sit down. He then proceeded to spit directly into the face of Garda Dempsey with his saliva going into the garda’s eyes, nose and mouth. He also spat in the face of Sergeant McGee.The court heard that McBride has a number of previous convictions and had been bound to keep the peace for a period of two years on June 18 last year.He has since written a letter of apology to the gardai involved which Sergeant Collins said has been “noted and accepted”.Solicitor for the defendant, Mr Gordon Curley, said his client accepted that his behaviour was “shocking and disgusting”.He said the 29-year-old had suffered with drug and alcohol addiction and had completed a programme at Whiteoaks rehabilitation centre. At the time of this incident he suffered a relapse brought about by the break-up of his relationship.“He is ashamed of his actions and is now back on the right track. He has not come to the adverse attention of gardai since this incident,” added Mr Curley.He also told the court that McBride has since moved out of the Milford area and spends his time between Ramelton and Creeslough.Judge Kelly noted the defendant has an “unfortunate record for a similar type of behaviour”.He adjourned matters until October 14 to allow for the preparation of a Community Service Suitability and other relevant reports from the Probation and Welfare Service.Man threatens to bomb Garda station and kill all in it was last modified: June 18th, 2019 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:bombcourtGarda stationMilfordthreatslast_img read more

BREAKING NEWS: SHAY GIVEN SIGNS FIVE YEAR DEAL WITH VILLA AND DECLARES: ‘I’M EXCITED’

first_imgFOOTBALL’S worst kept secret was finally made public tonight as Shay Given signed a five year deal with Aston Villa.Given, 35, had been out of favour at Manchester City since the rise to prominence of England No 1 Joe Hart.And having been linked with a number of clubs, Alex McLeish has made the Republic of Ireland international his first signing as Villa boss. “Aston Villa is a huge football club and I’m really excited to be joining,” said the Lifford man.“I’m looking forward to training and playing with the players here. They’re a good bunch of lads, very talented and I know several of them already which will help.“Everyone knows that I didn’t play enough football last season, so I’m really pleased that I’ll be able to put that right here. Hopefully, this move will get me back to where I was before in the Premier League, which is where every player wants to be playing.“Obviously, I’m also excited to be working with Alex McLeish and it’s going to be a fresh start for everybody at the club this season. “It’s also a new challenge and one I’m eager to embrace. My aim is to impress the Aston Villa supporters with my performances and I can’t wait really to get started.’Villa manager Alex McLeish said: “Shay has come here probably with something of a point to prove and that won’t do any harm at all.“Everybody who has watched him perform over many years in the Premier League will know his pedigree, so we believe we have secured the services of one of the best goalkeepers in the business.”“He’s a real competitor and a world-class keeper and I’m delighted he’s the first signing I’ve made at Villa.”Earlier, defender Richard Dunne welcomed his international team-mate’s arrival. He said: “I spoke to him earlier in the week, he just wanted to get here and get started/ He was frustrated over the way things have gone over the last year, I think he just wants to get playing again and he’ll be looking forward to it.“I spoke to him on Friday when he got here and I think he was surprised about how good the facilities and the setup are here at Bodymoor.”‘I think it’s a good opportunity for Shay to get back to playing football and I think it’s one he’s really looking forward to.”BREAKING NEWS: SHAY GIVEN SIGNS FIVE YEAR DEAL WITH VILLA AND DECLARES: ‘I’M EXCITED’ was last modified: July 18th, 2011 by gregShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:Aston VillaShay Givenlast_img read more