Hotel complex Haludovo in Malinska from once the best symbol of our tourism to a mockery that has stood and fallen for decades. But, finally, some things are moving from the dead point, ie there has been talk about the activation of this attractive property and the former symbol of the island of Krk.Namely, the Mayor of Malinska-Dubašnica, Robert Anton Kraljić, held a meeting with Mr. Ara A. Abramyan, President of the Supervisory Board of Haludovo, and the meeting presented the intentions of investors to implement the renovation of the hotel complex Haludovo in the amount of 250 to 300 million euros .Great news, but there’s one catch. The investor has one specific precondition regarding the investment of the Haludovo hotel, and it is a request for by approving a closed concession on a maritime domain from Hotel Maestral to Fisherman’s Village. I emphasize closed concessions, which would mean the loss of the coastal promenade, ie the coastal area, our most valuable resource.As Kraljić points out in his statement, the intention of the owner of Halud is to obtain a closed concession with the explanation that this enables a high level of security and top quality offer for hotel guests. “As the mayor of Malinska – Dubašnica, aware of all possible consequences of these long-term decisions, I call on all locals to consider a closed concession, which it brings us positively, and what we lose if such a regime of space use is accepted. On the one hand, the investor firmly assures us that this is the only and biggest obstacle to his upcoming investment, and on the other hand we must be aware that we will lose the coastal promenade that stretches from Hotel Maestral to Ribarsko selo and numerous beaches, which deepens the problem of congestion. narrow coastal area, and the local community loses contact with a significant part of the unique area of our Municipality. Promises for the realization of the Haludovo project were made in previous years, but unfortunately the investments were not realized, which gives rise to a real fear of repeating the same practice. The position of the Municipality is known, we are not in favor of a completely closed concession, and we are willing to discuss a partially closed concession like the one in Čikat Bay on Mali Lošinj. ” Kraljević points out and invites everyone to get actively involved in the public debate on this topic, which is a “cancer wound” of the entire municipality and tourism in general.Public hearing soon. Get involved! As announced, a public hearing should be organized soon, in the period from November 02nd to 15th. 2018, which will be attended by Mr. Arom A. Abramyan, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of Haludov, who will personally present the project of the “new Haludov” to the wider community, and point out all the reasons and justification for seeking a closed concession. The exact date and place of the exhibition will be announced to the public at a later date.In the meantime, there is no need to worry about it. ”Source: F-Stop Production
ABC Australia 6 Sep 2012Anthony Fisher OP is the third Bishop of Parramatta. This is the text of the address he gave to the St Thomas More Forum on Wednesday, 6 September 2012.Same-sex marriage (SSM) is all the rage at the moment. Last week the lower house of the Tasmanian parliament passed a bill to allow it. A similar bill passed first reading stage in New Zealand, and the Scots parliament announced it plans to make similar law. Meanwhile, on the latest count there are four bills before the Australian Federal Parliament on the matter, two in each house. Recent legislation for civil unions in the ACT ape marriage and the local Attorney-General openly says it is a stage towards SSM on the Tasmanian model….…..Marriage as the crunch point for religious libertyDan Cathy, president of a family-owned business, Chick-Fil-A, is a Bible Christian. Unremarkably, you might think, he told a Baptist publication and a Christian radio programme that he believes in the “biblical definition of the family unit” based on the marriage of a man and a woman.All hell broke loose. Within hours the fast-food chicken chain was being labelled a hate organisation in the media, its restaurants were spray-painted with defamations and colleges were cancelling them as caterers. Boston Mayor Thomas Menino said he hoped to ban the restaurants from his city, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel declared that “Chick-Fil-A values are not Chicago values” and the company that supplied Muppets and other toys for the Chick-Fil-A kids’ meals cancelled its contract and donated a large sum to the Gay and Lesbian Alliance.This is no isolated incident. Peter Vidmar, America’s most decorated male gymnast, was selected to be the chef de mission for the 2012 Olympics, where he would have represented all American athletes and marched in the opening ceremonies. But his selection drew criticism from SSM activists because in 2008 he had publicly supported California’s Proposition 8 that defined marriage as between a man and a woman. He was forced to resign from his Olympic position. A couple of weeks ago, the Wildflower Inn in Lyndonville, Vermont, was forced to pay damages to a lesbian couple for having refused to host their wedding reception there. The inn also had to agree no longer to host any weddings or wedding receptions.Only in America you might say. Well, after a hockey player made a television ad in favour of SSM a Canadian sportscaster, Damian Goddard, said on Twitter that he supported “the traditional and TRUE meaning of marriage.” He was quickly fired by his employer, Sportsnet. Like Peter Vidmar, this Canadian learnt the hard way that being pro-marriage and pro-sport don’t mix.Across the Atlantic, the Law Society of England and Wales revoked permission for a group called “Christian Concern” to use its premises once it realized the group supported traditional marriage: the Law Society said this was contrary to its “diversity policy.” British MPs are now threatening to stop churches holding weddings if they do not agree to conduct same-sex ones.In several European countries state and even church schools must now teach homosexuality amongst the range of options for children. Religious leaders, such as the Chief Rabbi of Amsterdam, have been sacked for daring to differ. In Spain same-sex lobby groups want to prosecute a bishop for hate speech after he preached in favour of Catholic teaching on marriage.Not in Australia surely? Well, when Victoria’s Deputy Chief Psychiatrist, Kuruvilla George, joined 150 other doctors advising a Senate inquiry that children do better with a Mum and Dad, committed to each other and to the kids for the long haul, he was pilloried, forced out of his position on the Victorian Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission, and threatened with dismissal from his academic and medical posts. Even Prime Minister Gillard is under attack for agreeing to speak at a Christian conference. Alex Greenwich, Convenor of “Australian Marriage Equality,” claims it is “completely inappropriate” for our national leader to seem to endorse the views of pro-marriage Christian extremists. (Ironically, her talk will be on “Religious Freedom in a Secular Democracy”!)Whether it is restaurateurs, athletes, broadcasters, psychiatrists, school teachers, rabbis, inn-keepers or politicians, no one is exempt from this ferocious campaign to silence advocates of marriage as traditionally understood. The view that marriage is between a man and a woman, which was common to people of every known religion, philosophy and culture in history till now has suddenly become unspeakable. To achieve this, the SSM lobby have cleverly shanghaied the language of race equality, repeatedly declaring that marriage redefinition is “inevitable,” that eight out of ten people support the change, and that opponents have no arguments to offer, only neo-Nazi hatred or (worse) “religion.”Of course, for now there will be the outward shows of civil debate and promises of religious exemptions, but it’s an open secret amongst SSM advocates that any such exemptions will be temporary and that religious organisations will be required to fall into line in due course. “Gay rights” trump rights of conscience, belief and religious practice every time.http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2012/09/06/3584323.htm
Collins and central defensive partner James Tomkins earned plenty of praise for their efforts, which went a long way towards earning the Hammers a goalless draw that eased them slightly further away from the dreaded relegation zone. The key was keeping Suarez quiet and Collins told www.whufc.com: “I thought about how I was going to defend against him before the game.” Press Association With 29 goals for the Uruguayan this season, that has not been the easiest of tasks as so many Premier League defenders can testify. But after analysing his game, Collins felt the best way to approach the task was to keep Suarez as far upfield as possible, even if it meant incurring the wrath of referee Anthony Taylor at times. Collins added: “Suarez nutmegged me twice to be fair but I knew if you drop off, he is turning and running at you. I thought if I could get as tight as possible and tackle him as high up the pitch as possible, even if I fouled him there it was better than him running into the box. “I was wary of the fact he goes over as well. That is why you have to stay on your feet. To win the ball, you just have to go for it sometimes. It was one of those games where it came off for me.” The result continues a marked improvement from the Hammers on their travels. Prior to the win at Stoke, Sam Allardyce’s team had lost five Premier League away games on the trot, including at Reading, Aston Villa and Sunderland, the major reason why they have found themselves flirting with relegation trouble. Although they have lost at Chelsea since that triumph in the Potteries, with more dogged defensive displays, the Hammers have quickly regained their momentum. “The gaffer got his tactics spot-on again,” said Collins. “We do look more confident away from home.” James Collins has revealed he was prepared to foul Luis Suarez at Anfield on Sunday if it meant stopping the Liverpool striker running free in the West Ham box.
CHAPECO – Funeral honours got under way here Saturday in Brazil for the members of the Chapecoense soccer club who died in a plane crash in northwestern Colombia earlier last week.Coffins draped with the club’s flag and containing the remains of 50 victims arrived in two military planes from Medellin, Colombia, starting at 9:30 am and were received with military honors amid a heavy downpour at the Serafin Enoss Bertaso airport in this southern city.Brazilian President Michel Temer was on hand to pay tribute to the victims.Some 100,000 people, according to the team’s estimates, have gathered inside and outside the team’s Arena Conda stadium to pay their final respects to the victims, who are due to arrive there via a funeral cortege.Chapecoense players, executives, coaches and other staff, along with special guests, journalists and a crew of nine, were on board a charter flight operated by Bolivia’s Lamia airlines that departed Santa Cruz, Bolivia, and crashed in the mountains Monday night before it could reach Medellin’s airport.The pilot had been given priority to land after frantically alerting the control tower that the plane was running dangerously low on fuel, but he did not have enough time to get to the runway.Chapecoense, a club based in the southern Brazilian state of Santa Catarina, was traveling to Medellin to play in the first leg of the Copa Sudamericana final against Atletico Nacional.The Brazilian victims of the plane crash included 19 Chapecoense players, 25 executives, coaches and special guests of the club and a score of journalists.The bodies of many of the media professionals who died in the crash were transported Saturday to their respective home cities for burial.
Hoping to increase its fundraising revenue any way it can, Troy Camp is expanding its annual Pass the Can fundraiser to give students an easier way to donate — via text message.“We are trying to solicit donations from people who don’t have change,” said Collin Evans, a senior majoring in international relations and the director of alumni and public relations for Troy Camp. “A lot of people show up with a credit card or no cash, and this is a way to get those people.”Can do · Members of Troy Camp pass water balloons at their water-themed fun day. Troy Camp will be fundraising with Pass the Can Saturday. – Minnie Jan | Daily TrojanEach year at the Homecoming football game, Troy Camp — a student group that works with local elementary school children — passes empty milk cartons around the rows of the Coliseum, hoping for donations to help fund their annual summer trip for local elementary students.In the past, though, those milk cartons never made it to the student section because there were not enough volunteers to staff the entire stadium. But Troy Camp has hit a financial rough patch and will target students with the new text message donation system.“Before, we didn’t have enough students volunteers to go to the student section, so the text messages will allow those students to participate,” said Ben Rose, a junior majoring in international relations and the director of fundraising for Troy Camp’s Pass the Can.During the game, students can text the word “camp” to 85944. A $5 charge will then be added to the student’s cell phone bill. Troy Camp makes $4.50 for every text message, and the other 50 cents goes to Mobilecause, the company providing the service.Troy Camp will advertise the text message system on the Coliseum’s big screen, and the group is hoping to get USC’s Spirit Leaders to hold up signs telling students how to donate. The goal is to raise $2,000 through text donations.Last year, the group raised almost $33,000 through Pass the Can, but since it costs the group about $150,000 per year to put on its annual camp, Troy Camp is looking to raise more money any way it can.Troy Camp is faced with the task of raising the whole $150,000 this year — it have no surplus from last year’s camp. It is an improvement over last year, though, when it began the year in debt.“Financially last year we came in with some debt, but toward the end of the year we over-fundraised, so this year we started at zero with no debt and no surplus,” said Xavier Vargas, a junior majoring in history and the co-executive director of Troy Camp.With the launch of the text message donation system, some have raised concerns about the poor cell phone service at the Coliseum.“Unfortunately there is not much we can do,” Rose said. “We had a bunch of our members text back and forth last game and they had no problems. I know it is notoriously bad, so I am hoping it works.”Still, Troy Camp has high hopes for the program and some students have already said they will likely donate.“I think that’s a great way to get more people to donate. I know I never bring cash to the games, so if I can just text, I will definitely donate,” said Tammy Batzofin, a junior majoring in health and humanity.Javier Sotelo, a junior majoring in health promotion and disease prevention studies, said he has never known how to donate before and is more likely to do so now.“I haven’t participated in Pass the Can because I did not know the details of it,” he said. “Maybe if they passed the cans around the student section I would, but it hasn’t been that accessible. Texting would be easier.”Troy Camp leaders said that if many students donate, they will consider extending Pass the Can to the student section in the future.Even students who aren’t at Saturday’s football game will be able to donate — the system is open now and will remain open until Troy Camp’s contract with Mobilecause expires in February. This, Troy Camp leaders said, should help them raise more money.