Corporate sector demand for renewable energy remains strong FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享GreenBiz:While the pace of announced corporate renewable energy contracts slowed slightly in the second quarter compared with the first three months of 2018, large companies disclosed deals representing almost 1,500 megawatts of capacity.So far, big businesses have been involved in 31 transactions for clean power this year (not including onsite generation), the same as for all of 2017, according to data gathered by GreenBiz and the Rocky Mountain Institute’s Business Renewables Center (BRC). Indeed, the aggregate amount of electricity represented by those purchase agreements was only slightly less than last year’s total.The biggest single U.S. deal of the quarter was announced by AT&T — its 300 MW virtual power purchase agreement (VPPA) covering two wind farms in Texas brings the total capacity of contracts announced this year by the telecommunications giant to a whopping 820 MW.The second largest contract of the second quarter came outside the United States. Facebook’s 294 MW transaction for three contiguous Norwegian wind farms with asset manager Luxcara represents its biggest European deal to date. The project, when it becomes operational in the fourth quarter of 2019, will add more than 1 million megawatt-hours of renewable electricity to Norway’s grid on an annual basis.The second quarter also brought a milestone for utility renewable energy programs, with Georgia Power’s deal to bring online 177 MW of solar electricity in order to satisfy the clean power procurement requirements of four large companies: Google; Walmart; Target; and Johnson & Johnson. The arrangement was made possible through the approval of the utility’s 2016 Integrated Resource Plan (IRP), which committed the utility to adding 1.6 GW of new solar, wind and other renewable resources by 2021. The commitments by the group of four were necessary to help keep prices stable for other Georgia Power customers.The second quarter also demonstrated that creative arrangements for smaller chunks of capacity are becoming more common, said Kevin Haley, program manager for BRC. “More developers are willing to work with the corporate buyer to make things happen,” he said. “We see the market evolving to accommodate.”More: Clean energy deal tracker: AT&T, Facebook and Walmart stand out in another strong quarter
Noble Energy has restarted gas production from the Tamar gas field offshore Israel following last week’s shutdown.As previously reported, Noble Energy had discovered a crack on a pipe aboard the Tamar gas platform in the Mediterranean. The exhaust pipe in question is used to release natural gas and pressure aboard the platform.After finding the fault the company stopped production. According to Delek, a partner in the field, the repair works were completed on Tuesday, and the Tamar field was returned in production on Wednesday.Worth noting, Delek said, Noble is continuing to carry out the planned upgrade works on the Tamar platform.The Tamar field sits some 90 kilometers west of Haifa, in waters that are 1,700 meters deep. The field covers an area of 100 square kilometers, with the thickness of the reservoir layers reaching up to 300 meters.The field started producing gas and delivering it to the local market in Israel in 2013.Offshore Energy Today Staff
Sharing is caring! Share LocalNews “I have lost appetite for sitting on the bench” says a former magistrate by: – August 22, 2011 Share Former Magistrate, Tiyani Behanzin.Former Magistrate Tiyani Behanzin has hinted that he has lost interest in the magisterial position in the Dominican courts.Behanzin was responding to questions by Dominica Vibes News in an exclusive interview concerning whether he would accept the position to serve as magistrate if it was offered by government.“I’ve lost appetite for sitting on the bench; I mean why should I sit there begging to serve? That’s complete nonsense. I mean who am I? Let the crime figures choke them all, and when the right people are killed maybe they will say oh my God and maybe they will make some changes. I mean recently I made some comments about the rising level of crime in Picard and two landlords said oh Behanzin is out and the next day they were robbed; both of them. So I found it quite interesting and then they said oh maybe Behanzin was right. Let crime choke them all and then maybe they will find their right mind of what to do,” he said.Mr. Behanzin’s contract was not renewed earlier this year and this prompted him to file a suit against the Government as he claims the then attorney general promised him that he would have been called to the bar.According to Mr. Behanzin the issue of being called to the bar is ongoing however he is not very hopeful of the outcome. He said that “… “On the issue of being called to the bar which they had promised that’s still on although the way they have been moving on this I’m not very hopeful really. Its neither here nor there. The issue is whether morally you have a fight and you present it and if you lose because of the machinations of dishonesty, misrepresentation and whatever crooked nonsense they’re going to try that’s entirely up to them they need to justify it in their own conscience,” he said.Behanzin also reported that the Court ruled that he had a separate right under his contract which had to be removed from the original suit which he filed but his focus is elsewhere and has not decided on this issue.“The second thing is that the other matter the Court felt I have a separate right under contract so that thing has to be removed from the confines of the judicial review. So there is still a possibility of bringing that one yet. I haven’t really made up my mind on that yet as my focus is elsewhere.”Dominica Vibes News Share Tweet 31 Views 4 comments
If you want to reach your big goal as a leader, here is the recipe. It’s simple, but it isn’t easy.Start with hiring: Field the very best team you can. There isn’t anything that is going to help you more than starting with good people who care about and take pride in their work. What you want most of all is a set of positive, healthy beliefs and positive attributes. You want strong character.Give them meaning: Your role as a leader is to instill the work with meaning. The mission needs to mean something more than making the number. How does it provide growth? How does it provide contribution? How does it make a difference? This is part of the work a leader does, and it is the leader’s obligation. It’s the culture she creates and protects.Develop your people: Making your number doesn’t end with hiring well. It isn’t enough. It’s never been enough. If you want to make your number, you need to coach, train, teach, and develop the people you hired. You want to improve their skills from week to week, from month to month, and from quarter to quarter. The world keeps changing and it’s your job to help them keep up.Give them great leaders: The role of sales manager is a leadership role. You don’t want sales managers who manages their team; you want sales managers who leads their teams. Leaders serve their people. They provide the vision and mission, and then help provide the resources and remove the obstacles. If you want a great team, give them a great leader.Give them the tools and technology: If you want your people to succeed in making their number, give them the tools and the technology they need. Give them a good sales process. Give them good methodologies. Give them good nurture tools they can use to open new relationships. And give them the hardware and the software they need.Engage with your team: If you want your team to make their number–and your goal–you need to engage with them. You need to communicate with them. You need to spend time with them. You need to help them with their obstacles and with the decisions that only you can make. Making your number means your engagement is necessary.Which part of this recipe are you missing?
Muslim devotees thronged mosques to celebrate Eid-e-Milad-un-Nabi with religious fervour as authorities on Sunday eased out restrictions in most parts of Jammu region but did not allow any major procession due to prohibitory orders, officials said.Also Read Birth anniversary of Prophet Mohammad celebrated Barring border district of Poonch and some sensitive pockets, the people were allowed free movement with police and paramilitary personnel removing the blockades and barbed wire from the roads early this morning, they said.Curfew-like restrictions were witnessed in most parts after the authorities imposed prohibitory orders under Section 144 of the CrPC across Jammu and Kashmir on Friday midnight as a precautionary measure to maintain law and order ahead of Supreme Court verdict in the Ayodhya case.With the day passing off peacefully, the curbs on the movement of the people was lifted late Saturday, the officials said.They said the prohibitory orders which ban assembly of four or more persons are also likely to be withdrawn from the entire Jammu region after fresh review of the security situation by senior officers later in the day.The officials said strict restrictions, however, remained in force in Poonch district for the second day on Sunday with heavy deployment of police and paramilitary personnel.The roads in some sensitive pockets in Jammu, Kishtwar and Ramban districts were also blocked by security forces, they said.A huge Millad procession was allowed in Rajouri district town but no other major religious processions, including ‘nagar kirtan’ by Sikhs, were permitted by the authorities anywhere else, the officials said.However, Muslim and Sikh devotees were allowed to assemble at their places of worship, the officials said, adding that devotees took out minor processions in their localities but were not allowed to move on the main roads.“We are peace loving citizens and have sought permission from the administration for Millad procession from Lakhdata Bazar to Gujjar Nagar in Jammu. When senior police officers informed us that prohibitory orders are in force and no procession will be allowed, we decided against taking out a procession,” Masjid committee chairman Lakhdata Bazar Mushtaq Ahmad Mir told PTI.The policemen boarding vehicles fitted with public address system were heard making announcements before dawn on Saturday informing people about the imposition of the prohibitory orders and closure of all educational institutions.The policemen also asked the people to stay indoors, keep their shops shut and help the law enforcing agencies to maintain peace.
Former Indian captain Sunil Gavaskar believes England’s cricketers would have “hit the panic button” and talked of leaving the series midway if the riots had happened in India.England and India face off in the third cricket Test in Edgbaston amid growing riots in the UK after a youth was allegedly killed in police firing.Gavaskar said a situation like this in India would have evoked reactions of wanting to leave by English cricketers.”No question about it, they would have been pressing the panic button. They would have been talking in terms of the team returning home. That is a given,” Gavaskar told the ‘Sun’ newspaper.England, under Kevin Pietersen, did leave a tour of India midway after the Mumbai terror attacks in 2008 but came back to complete the series after a while.Current Test captain Andrew Strauss has, meanwhile, insisted that the tensions on the street have not affected his team’s preparation for the third Test, a win in which would give England an unbeatable 3-0 lead in the series and the world number one tag.”When you watch scenes on TV, it is horrific and far from England’s proudest m oment. But, in terms of our preparation, it has not affected us. We intend going out and playing the game as we would any other.”A few of the guys went out early on Monday evening but the advice from our security manager was to come back as there were some disturbances. This is an opportunity for cricket to put out a feel-good factor,” he said.advertisement-With PTI inputs
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp#TurksandCaicos, November 22, 2017 – Providenciales – The second installment of ‘Stop The Clot’ continued this past Saturday, November 18th, 2017 as residents gathered at the Lower Bight Kid’s Park on Providenciales to participate in the fitness walk, run and cycle event hosted by InterHealth Canada – Turks and Caicos Islands Hospital.The fitness event is dedicated to raising awareness of Venous Thromboembolism (VTE). Participants clad in the color red started their journey on foot and bicycle shortly after 6:00 am along the Lower Bight road towards The Sands Resort roundabout and returned to the Kid’s Park as the finish line. Members from the TCI Cycling Federation embarked on an even longer journey towards Heaving Down Rock in support of the cause.Prizes were awarded to the first male and female runners to complete the route, the youngest person to participate in the race, and the first male and female cyclers to cross the finish line. The event also featured Soca Aerobic sessions under the direction of Natalie Danclar-Rodney, a well-known local fitness enthusiast. Complimentary blood pressure, cholesterol, glucose and body mass index screenings were also provided to participants at the Providenciales event.During the event, Chief of Medical Services, Doctor Denise Braithwaite-Tennant explained the signs, symptoms and preventative measures associated with VTE and encouraged residents to live healthy lifestyles. An information booth with resources on VTE was also available.A clot in the vein (usually in the leg or pelvis) is known as a deep vein thrombosis (DVT) and a clot that breaks off and travels to the lungs is known as a pulmonary embolism (PE). Together, DVT and PE make up Venous Thromboembolism (VTE). One in four people worldwide die of conditions caused by thrombosis.Press Release: interHealth Canada Related Items:
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi: “I can take it … but (Facebook is) lying to the public.” Bastiaan Slabbers/Getty Images House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Wednesday that Facebook’s refusal to take down a video that was manipulated to make her sound drunk showed that the company’s leaders were “willing enablers” of Russian interference in the 2016 US presidential election.”We have said all along, poor Facebook, they were unwittingly exploited by the Russians. I think wittingly, because right now they are putting up something that they know is false. I think it’s wrong,” Pelosi, a Democrat from California, told KQED News in her first public remarks about the doctored video. “I can take it … but (Facebook is) lying to the public.””I think they have proven — by not taking down something they know is false — that they were willing enablers of the Russian interference in our election,” she added.Pelosi’s remarks show how tensions between Facebook and lawmakers continue to escalate as the social media giant struggles to combat misinformation on its platform while trying to balance safety with free speech. Facebook didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.YouTube took down the video, but Facebook and Twitter left it up. Facebook doesn’t have a rule that requires content posted on the site to be true. Its “community standards” state it doesn’t remove fake news on the social network but will show it lower in the News Feed. The company has also taken down fake accounts for “inauthentic behavior,” which means the people behind the accounts tried to mislead users about who they were and what they were doing. One version of the doctored Pelosi video shared on a Facebook Page garnered 2.8 million views and more than 48,400 people shared it. If you try to share the video, Facebook directs you to fact-checkers that published articles about how the video footage was distorted. It doesn’t identify the video as having been manipulated. Here’s how Facebook handles the Pelosi video. Screenshot/Queenie Wong Other lawmakers are calling on Facebook to pull down the video. On Tuesday, Rep. Ro Khanna, also a California democrat, tweeted that he talked to an informed voter who didn’t know the videos of Pelosi were altered, and that Facebook must remove it. Tags Comments Tonight, over dinner, a fairly informed voter said to me that given the events of last week, Nancy Pelosi had to go. After my surprise, he asked had I not seen the videos. I explained they were doctored. He replied cavalierly, “oh I didn’t know.” Facebook must remove the video.— Ro Khanna (@RoKhanna) May 29, 2019 Last week in an interview with CNN, Facebook’s vice president for product policy and counterterrorism, Monika Bickert, defended the social network’s decision to leave up the video.”We think it’s important for people to make their own informed choice for what to believe,” Bickert said. “Our job is to make sure we are getting them accurate information.”Originally published May 29Update, May 30: Adds a screenshot. Share your voice 19 Politics Tech Industry Facebook
Pune wall collapseIANSAt least 15 people, including five children and a woman, died after a portion of a residential building’s wall collapsed due to heavy rains near Talab Masjid area in Pune on Saturday morning. Among the dead, four were children and womanA section of the boundary wall collapsed on the nearby tin huts, where labourers from a nearby construction site were working, according to the police.”The wall collapse at around 1:30 am on Saturday, due to heavy rainfall in Pune,” said National Disaster Response Force (NDRF) official, Sadanand Gawde. At least three sheds were bogged down under the wall as the wall plundered six feet below the surface. NDRF rescued three injured people from the site and sent them to Sassoon Hospital. It is feared that some are still feared trapped in the rubble, news agency IANS reported.The bodies of the 15 labourers retrieved from the site were identified to be hailing from Bihar and Bengal said Pune District Collector Naval Kishore Ram. He also added that a relief amount would be provided by the government to the kin of the deceased, reported news agency ANI.Police Commissioner of Pune, K Venkatesham said the authorities are investigating whether proper building permissions were taken, reported Hindustan Times.Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has announced a compensation of Rs 4 lakh to the next of kin of the deceased. An inquiry into the incident has also been ordered.