APTN National NewsEdmonton signed a “declaration on Aboriginal relations” in 2005 to improve relations with their Aboriginal residents.Since then a dozen cities have looked at emulating that model.APTN National News reporter Keith Laboucan takes a look at what impacts the strategy has had so far.
Bi-lateral talks with Bahamas to resume, UK gives green light to high-level TCI delegation Recommended for you Hurricane Jose Not A Threat to The Bahamas, For Now Bahamian music legend gunned down at home in Turks and Caicos Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Related Items:bahamas, Carnival Cruise Lines, vat Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppNassau, 17 Nov 2014- Carnival Cruise lines is reportedly set to cut its cruises from 600 to 400 in the Bahamas due to the costly impositions of the coming VAT, set to begin in January.
Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppProvidenciales, 15 Feb 2016 – Every intrusive and erratic remark and statement made by the Special Prosecutor for the Crown must be proved to be true; it was the overarching theme of the statement today from Ralph Thorne, the Queen’s Counsel representing former premier Michael Misick. Thorne was revved up in his presentation and called the opening statement by Andrew Mitchell, QC nothing more than a political vendetta aimed at ‘getting Mike’. He said, when proceedings resumed this morning at the Myrtle Rigby Health complex that, “An expedition in character assassination…” is what Mitchell led in his abnormal opening, which seemed to draw conclusions instead of the traditional method of promising, then proving allegations. Thorne promises to prove that the charges are politically motivated and he will aim to defend the character of his client. Thorne has a problem with the absence of any civilian witnesses, he has an issue with government witnesses who are coming in their official capacity and he rejects that the former Governor was bullied by Michael Misick during his tenure and Thorne takes exception to the fact that Developers in the debacle, are missing from the trial. Thorne said, the mountain of apparent evidence by the SIPT will turn into a mouse of proof, and that it will not be enough to satisfy the court. Karen Delancy, former Cabinet Minister in Michael Misick regime takes the witness stand in SIPT trials Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Recommended for you BOYCE FIRES HER ATTORNEY, as SIPT Trial continues Delancy challenged on leadership style, calls Floyd Hall, ‘man of integrity’ Related Items:andrew mitchell, michael misick, queen’s counsel, ralph thorne, sipt trial
The Celtic goalkeeper broke his arm while battling for the ball with Jermain Defoe and he was out for three monthsExactly nine years ago, Craig Gordon was Sunderland’s goalkeeper and he got his arm broken after a collision with Tottenham Hotspur Jermain Defoe.“I got to the ball first and he got their second and broke my arm. That was a bad break and I had to get a metal plate inserted in my arm,” Gordon told The Chronicle Live.“I was out for another three months and came back and played the rest of the season with the metal plate.”“That summer I got the metal taken out of my arm and very soon into pre-season the arm broke again and that was another three months when it got put back in again,” he added.Johnston is disappointed after being injured Manuel R. Medina – September 11, 2019 Celtic winger Mikey Johnston was disappointed to miss Scotland Under 21 national team’s victories over San Marino and Croatia, and he hopes he can return to play soon.“That was the third operation on my arm and that was frustrating. The metal plate is still in there today so I have not had any more trouble with it.”“Every time I felt like I was getting to a point where I was putting in good, consistent performances, something else would come up,” he commented.“I was starting to play in games where I probably wasn’t fit and I was starting to think whether this would ever be fixed.”“This was a very long-term thing and perhaps it was something I wouldn’t come back from,” he added.“There had been so many things that had gone wrong I felt I had to leave.”
Arsenal and Tottenham have appealed to fans to be on their best behaviour in Wednesday night’s Carabao Cup tie. after a racist abuse marred the last encounter.Arsenal ran away 4-2 winners in the last encounter earlier this month but it made headlines for the wrong reasons when a Spurs fan threw a banana onto the pitch as Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang celebrated scoring a goal.A Tottenham supporter has been fined and handed a four-year football banning order after pleading guilty to throwing a missile and both sides are keen to avoid a repeat of any such unsavoury incidents for the Carabao Cup quarter-final clash.“Local derby matches are always passionate affairs and it is important that supporters play their part on these occasions by getting behind the team in a positive way and making them memorable for the right reasons,” Tottenham said on their official website.A message to all supporters attending tonight’s Carabao Cup quarter-final against Arsenal.— Tottenham Hotspur (@SpursOfficial) December 19, 2018Merson believes Arsenal should sign Sancho Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 Borussia Dortmund winger Jadon Sancho might be the perfect player to play for the Gunners, according to former England international Paul Merson.“We have enjoyed some unforgettable north London derby encounters over the years and the vast majority of fans have generated incredible atmospheres on these occasions.“However, there were incidents in our most recent Premier League fixture against Arsenal earlier this month where a small number of supporters of both sides behaved unacceptably.“Ahead of Wednesday’s Carabao Cup quarter-final tie, we wish to remind supporters travelling to Emirates Stadium that any kind of racist, discriminatory or anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated by the club.“As a club that has suffered from abuse in the past from opposition supporters, we wish to make clear that there is absolutely no place for this kind of behaviour in or outside of football.”
The former Manchester United manager believes that people learn more by winning that by losing in the world of football.Portuguese coach Jose Mourinho has always been very charismatic and controversial.And after he was sacked by Manchester United, he started working for TV channel DAZN.“People used to say that you learn more with defeat. Maybe there is some truth in it,” he told The Telegraph.“I feel my natural habitat is winning. This is the first time when I didn’t win any trophy for 18 months. Some guys don’t win any trophies for 18 years. I didn’t win any trophy for 18 months.”“Now I have time for thinking, reflection, trying to understand everything and trying to be more ready for the next one that is coming. I know it is coming. It hasn’t come yet because what has come along, I didn’t want,” he explained.Liverpool legend Nicol slams Harry Maguire’s Man United form Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Steve Nicol believes Harry Maguire has made some “horrendous mistakes” recently, and has failed to find his best form since joining Manchester United.“I want to work in a club that understands there is a structure in place. I don’t want to work in a structure of no coincidence [unity] in the thinking.”“People sometimes say ‘this manager doesn’t like to work with a football director’; ‘this manager doesn’t like to work with chief scout’; ‘this manager doesn’t like to work with an owner’; ‘this manager doesn’t like to work with the president’,” he commented.“During my career, I have been working in every possible circumstance. The most successful situations are not because of the structure but because of the empathy in the structure.”“People who work well together. People who share the same kind of ideas. This is the fundamental thing,” he added.“You now have a generation of players who are not just players but the whole package. You have the player, the family, the agent, the entourage, the director of communication. You sometimes have the individual’s medical people and in an extreme situation you even have what they call their ‘personal fitness guys’.”“When you have a player you have all these distractions. And if there is no empathy in the structure of the club you get into so many contradictions that it is really, really difficult to work.”
WILMINGTON, MA — Here are highlights from the Wilmington Police Log for Wednesday, August 1, 2018:Police came across a vehicle running in the parking lot at Michael’s Place on Lowell Street. Two parties stated they had too much to drink and are awaiting a ride from a friend. The vehicle will be staying at this location overnight. (1:01am)Police were out in the Woburn Street area after reports of picketers in the roadway. (7:07am)A passerby reported two turkeys were “stuck together” at West Street and Kilmarnock Street. Animal Control Officer unable to locate. (7:42am)A River Street caller reported her dog caught a baby skunk. Animal Control Officer brought skunk, which was still alive, to Best Pets and then Andover Animal Hospital. (7:46am)A 16-year-old was arrested on a warrant of apprehension (a child requiring assistance warrant) and brought to Lowell Juvenile Court. (8:27am)A Dorchester Street caller reported a squirrel inside their house. (9:04am)A walk-in party reported their debit card was stolen on or about July 30. (2:34pm)Nicholas Evan Belanger (21, Wilmington) was arrested on a warrant. Belanger was arrested at Speedway on Main Street. (4:32pm)A walk-in party reported that on the 129/62 sign by Rotary Park, someone wrote a derogatory term on it. Police notified Mass Highway. (7:06pm)(DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip?Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedPOLICE LOG for August 29: Burlington Man Arrested For OUI; Injured HummingbirdIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for August 1: Lowell Woman Arrested For OUI; Billerica Teen Arrested On Warrant; 2 Drivers Issued SummonsesIn “Police Log”POLICE LOG for June 27: Stranger Enters Resident’s House; Man Denies Asking Young Girls To Follow HimIn “Police Log”
Logo of Anti Corruption Commission. File photoThe Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC) has imposed a ban on the foreign travel of seven officials of The Farmers Bank Ltd over approving Tk 40 million loan against fake documents and depositing the money into former chief justice SK Sinha’s account, reports UNB.ACC public relations officer Pranab Kumar Bhattacharya on Wednesday told UNB that a notice was sent to superintendent of police (Immigration) of special branch of police in this regard.The officials are former managing director and chief executive officer AKM Shameem, first vice-president Swapan Kumar Roy, senior executive vice-president Gazi Salauddin, vice-president M Lutful Haque, assistant vice-president Shafiuddin Askaree Ahmed, former SVP Ziauddin and executive officer Umme Salma Sultana.Meanwhile, six of the seven officials were quizzed on Wednesday in this connection.Earlier on 6 May, ACC grilled two businessmen named — Md Shahjahan and Niranjan Chadra Saha — for allegedly taking Tk 40 million in loan from The Farmers Bank Ltd using fake documents and depositing the money in the bank account of a VVIP.
Palestinian protesters are seen near burning tyres during clashes along the Israeli border fence, east of Gaza City on 28 September. Photo: AFPSeven Palestinians, including two boys aged 12 and 14, were killed in clashes with Israeli forces along the Gaza border Friday, the health ministry in the Hamas-controlled strip said.It was the bloodiest day of border protests since 14 May, when more than 60 Palestinians died in violence accompanying the inauguration of the US embassy in Jerusalem, a move that enraged Palestinians.Nasser Mosabih, 12, Mohammed al-Houm, 14, and Iyad Al-Shaar, 18, were shot dead Friday in clashes along the frontier with Israel, health ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qudra told AFP.Four men in their twenties were also killed in the widespread violence along the border, the spokesman said, adding that 210 people were hospitalised, including 90 with gunshot wounds.The Israeli army said in a statement that some 20,000 “rioters” had gathered at multiple sites along the border and that people had hurled “grenades and explosive devices in several different locations”.The military said troops fired “in accordance with standard operating procedures” and that an Israeli aircraft also struck two positions belonging the Gaza’s Islamist rulers Hamas.Palestinians have been protesting at least weekly along the Gaza border since 30 March in what they call the “Great March of Return”.Friday’s protests were bigger than those in recent weeks.At least 193 Palestinians have been killed by Israeli fire since March, the majority during border protests, while one Israeli soldier has been shot dead by a Palestinian sniper.Free fallThe Israeli military declined to comment on Friday’s reported deaths.It said in a statement that troops spotted several Palestinians breaching the border fence and briefly entering Israeli territory before fleeing back into Gaza.Israel holds Hamas responsible for unrest originating in the territory under its control.The two sides have fought three wars since 2008, and in between there have been spikes of violence marked by Palestinian cross-border rocket and mortar fire and retaliatory Israeli air strikes.Throughout the protests since March, Israel has said its actions are necessary to defend the border and accuses Hamas of using the protests as cover to attempt infiltrations and attacks.Palestinians and human rights groups say protesters have been shot while posing no real threat.The protests are demanding the right of Palestinian refugees to be allowed to return to homes their families fled in the 1948 war surrounding the creation of Israel and which are now in Israel.Israel says any such mass return would mean the end of it as a Jewish state.The march is also a protest against a more than 10-year-old Israeli blockade on the Gaza Strip.Repeated deadly Palestinian clashes with the army along the frontier have brought warnings of the risk of a new conflict.The World Bank on Tuesday said that the Gaza Strip’s economy is in “free fall” as cuts to aid and salaries add to the effects of the already crippling Israeli blockade.