Pochettino insists Spurs will ‘move on’

first_imgEmbed from Getty ImagesManager Mauricio Pochettino insists Tottenham’s defeat against Chelsea in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley will not affect their Premier League title challenge.Spurs had long spells of possession and territory against the league leaders in a thrilling match at Wembley and twice came from behind before losing 4-2.Pochettino, whose side are four points behind the Blues with six games remaining, said: “It is not important; we will move on.“The players are very disappointed, but tomorrow we will work again on the training ground and focus on the next game. On Wednesday we have Crystal Palace.”Chelsea play Southampton at Stamford Bridge on Tuesday and Spurs face Palace a day later.“If we play like we did today you cannot be worried,” he added. “Football today doesn’t pay what we deserved but I totally understand football and sometimes you play well and don’t win.“If you see the game without emotion I think Tottenham played better. Chelsea were clinical.“I am proud of the players. We played with personality and character.“Two years ago it was difficult to think we could arrive at this level and reach semi-finals and finals and fight for the Premier League.”See also:Conte: Strong decisions were neededChelsea v Tottenham player ratingsExperience will help Ake and Batshuayi – ConteConte wants Blues fans to recreate Wembley noiseChelsea’s Wembley triumph over Spurs – in picturesChelsea must ‘exploit’ their win over Tottenham, says Conte’No sign’ of new Hazard deal   Ads by Revcontent Trending Articles Urologists: Men, Forget the Blue Pill! This “Destroys” ED x ‘Genius Pill’ Used By Rich Americans Now Available In Netherlands! x What She Did to Lose Weight Stuns Doctors: Do This Daily Before Bed! x One Cup of This (Before Bed) Burns Belly Fat Like Crazy! x Men, You Don’t Need the Blue Pill if You Do This x Do This Immediately if You Have Diabetes (Watch) x Follow West London Sport on TwitterFind us on Facebooklast_img read more

Watch: Salif Keita and Black Mambazo call for harmony in Africa

first_imgSinging in English, isiZulu and French, globally renowned African musicians Salif Keita of Mali and South Africa’s Ladysmith Black Mambazo have released a new single calling for peace on the continent, an end to xenophobia and a united Africa. Iconic South African musician Joseph Shabalala, founder of Ladysmith Black Mambazo, in a still from the video of United We Stand, his group’s collaboration with Malian singer-songwriter Salif Keita. (Image: YouTube)• Peace restored in communities after xenophobic attacks • We Are the World Africa sings out against xenophobia• South African stars #SayNoToXenophobia • Jazz trumpets the notes of freedom• Portal to boost African music Mary AlexanderSinging in English, isiZulu and French, globally renowned African musicians Salif Keita of Mali and South Africa’s Ladysmith Black Mambazo have released a new single calling for peace on the continent, an end to xenophobia and a united Africa.The collaboration United We Stand, released on Friday 1 May, comes as a response to the xenophobic attacks in KwaZulu-Natal and Gauteng last month that left seven people dead and thousands of foreigners from elsewhere in Africa displaced from their homes.“We want Africa united,” Keita said at the recording a few days before. “We always think that South Africa is a very good place for peace, for everybody in the world, everybody in Africa. We love it here. We won’t give space to xenophobia. No, we want to live here like our home.”Known as “the golden voice of Africa”, Keita is one of the most successful exports from the rich West African music tradition, becoming hugely successful on global World Music charts. As an albino he has personal experience of prejudice, and spent much of career campaigning for tolerance of difference.Watch the video of United We Stand:The Grammy award-winning Ladysmith Black Mambazo are one of South Africa’s oldest and most prolific music groups, singing in the traditional choral styles of isicathamiya and mbube. Formed by Joseph Shabalala in 1960, over the years they have won four Grammy Awards and collaborated with the likes of Paul Simon and Josh Groban.“This song is very powerful because it’s talking about culture,” Shabalala said at the recording of United We Stand. “How to stay together. How to love one another.”Keita told the Sunday Times he had wanted to collaborate with Black Mambazo for a while. The singer-songwriter has worked with Weather Report founders Joe Zawinul and Wayne Shorter, drummer Paco Sery, guitarist Carlos Santana, and percussionist Bill Summers.Salif Keita in a still from the video. The Malian musician’s 2009 album La Différence is dedicated to the struggle of the world albino community.“We are in the same boat, fighting this struggle together,” he told the newspaper. “I am very pleased to be here to be making the song together. We are going to continue this fight for love and unity in Africa to the end.”Shabalala said the power of music could help break down the barriers between Africans.“Music is a good way to reach millions of people,” he said. “This will send out a strong message for peace. The song talks about love and respect. We hope it will encourage this.”last_img read more

Recessed Outlets: A Great Way To Hide Messy Gadget Cords

first_imgAbove: Notice the absence of cords connecting to the flat screen TV In a Brooklyn loft. Recessed outlets sit invisibly behind flush mount screens, keeping plugs and cords out of sight (for more guidance, see 7 Secrets for Living with a Flat Screen TV, Cord Control Edition). Photograph by Ragnar Ómarsso via Skona Hem.  4 Keys to a Kid-Safe App Above: You can push a dresser up to the wall and still use the plug that is tucked behind by sinking a standard two socket outlet into the wall. The Leviton Recessed Duplex Outlet is available in white, black, ivory and almond; $7.53 at Amazon.  janet hall 9 Books That Make Perfect Gifts for Industry Ex… Above: The Leviton Recessed Dual-Gang Duplex Receptacle with Six QuickPort Openings works well for wall-mounted flat screen TVs, wall units and computer monitors. It manages multiple cords in a single location with connection points for AC power, audio, video, data and phone; $20.95 at Kyle Designs. This post was originally published on our SAY Media sister site, Remodelista. We’re republishing it with permission.We’ve all been there. You want to push a piece of furniture or a countertop appliance close to the wall and a protruding plug stands in the way. And let’s not even talk about the wall-mounted flat-screen TV that require unsightly cords and plugs but needs to sit flush against the wall. Here’s a simple solution: recessed outlets.  Above: The Datacomm Recessed Media Plate with Duplex Receptacle features a super-low-profile design that fits behind the thinnest mounts and  TVs; $20.45 at Amazon. Another solution for eliminating electric socket eyesores in the kitchen? Flush pop-up outlets. center_img 12 Unique Gifts for the Hard-to-Shop-for People… 5 Outdoor Activities for Beating Office Burnout Above: To be filed under “great practical ideas,” the simple Leviton Recessed Single Outlet with Clock Hanger includes a hook for mounting clocks and other objects (like a piece of art with a picture light that needs power); $6.80 at Amazon. Related Posts Tags:#Room#Smart homes#television Above: Hiding outlets behind small appliances not only eliminates an eyesore but also helps gain counter space as the appliances can be pushed directly against the wall. The Arlington Recessed Electrical Outlet Mounting Box accommodates two-, four- and six-plug receptacles (sold separately) and has a paintable coverplate for even more camouflage; prices start at $15.24 at Amazon.last_img read more

SC rues ‘sorry state of affairs’ in Saradha probe

first_imgThe Supreme Court on Monday termed the allegation of the West Bengal police obstructing the CBI in its probe into the multi-crore Saradha scam as a “sorry state of affairs” and directed that the probe agency officials should not be summoned for questioning by the State police’s Special Investigation Team.The top court also observed that due to such obstructions, the prosecution of those accused in the scam was getting delayed.The issue came up when the counsel for CBI made certain allegations which were countered by their counterparts representing the State government.“They (CBI and SIT) are obstructing each other. This is a sorry state of affairs. We are not happy with it. This is not the way things should go on. Whoever is the culprit needs to be booked. It should not be the case that investigating agencies are siding with the accused,” a Bench of Justices Arun Mishra and S.A. Abdul Nazeer said.The Bench said the SIT of the State police cannot summon CBI officials for questioning, as the apex court had in 2014 asked the Central probe agency to investigate the alleged scam.Justice Mishra said that when he was the Calcutta High Court Chief Justice, this case had come up before it for the first time but he had refused to hear it.last_img read more

Pogba’s first Premier League defeat in over a year

first_imgManchester United Pogba tastes Premier League defeat with Man Utd for first time in over a year Goal Last updated 1 year ago 06:24 2/1/18 FacebookTwitterRedditcopy Comments(0) Paul Pogba, Tottenham v Man Utd, 17/18 Getty Images Manchester United Premier League Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United Tottenham Hotspur An incredible 465 days had passed since the midfielder had finished a top-flight clash on the losing side, but he had no answer to Spurs on Wednesday Paul Pogba was sent crashing back to earth with that rarest of occurrences: a defeat in the Premier League wearing the Manchester United shirt.The France international was powerless to avoid a 2-0 reverse at the hands of Tottenham on Wednesday , with Phil Jones putting past his own keeper after Christian Eriksen opened the scoring just 11 seconds into the game. Amazingly, it is the first time that Pogba has finished on the losing side of a Premier League game for over a year.  Article continues below Editors’ Picks Lyon treble & England heartbreak: The full story behind Lucy Bronze’s dramatic 2019 Liverpool v Man City is now the league’s biggest rivalry and the bitterness is growing Megan Rapinoe: Born & brilliant in the U.S.A. A Liverpool legend in the making: Behind Virgil van Dijk’s remarkable rise to world’s best player No less than 465 days had passed since United’s last defeat with Pogba on the pitch, a 4-0 drubbing against Chelsea on October 23, 2016. Since then the Red Devils had managed 23 wins and 13 draws with their midfielder in a total of 36 unbeaten matches. The game also marked only the second time in 87 games that United have lost a match by more than a single goal. United youngster Marcus Rashford was a notable absence at Wembley, sitting out the encounter as Alexis Sanchez was given his Premier League debut. Rashford failed to feature for the Red Devils for the first time since 2016-17’s final match against Crystal Palace, when manager Jose Mourinho took the opportunity to blood several youngsters. But the England international might find himself back in contention after the United attack failed to overcome Spurs’ stiff resistance in a damaging defeat. Check out Goal’s Premier League 2019-20 fantasy football podcast for game tips, debate and rivalries.last_img read more

Video: Watch TCU RB Aaron Green Do LeBron James’ Powder Toss During A Snowstorm

first_imgAaron Green does LeBron-style powder toss with snow.It’s surprisingly snowing quite hard in Fort Worth, Texas, this afternoon. TCU running back Aaron Green is using the rare snowfall to channel one of his favorite athletes – LeBron James. Standing on the Horned Frogs’ campus, Green did the Cleveland Cavaliers’ star’s famed pre-game powder toss, using a snowball in place of the chalk. Check it out:  Well done, Aaron. TCU opens its season Sept. 3 against Minnesota in Minneapolis.last_img

AAC Football’s Official Twitter Account Trolled Penn State

first_imgAmerican Athletic Conference twitter page trolls Penn State.American TweetPenn State made some news yesterday when it was revealed that the team literally buried the game tape of its 27-10 season-opening loss to Temple with a shovel. In the embarrassing defeat, the Nittany Lions surrendered 10 sacks. While Penn State was ready to let that game go, the American Athletic Conference, of which Temple is a member, wants to relish the memory of it . That’s why the AAC’s official football Twitter account dropped a solid troll job on Penn State this morning. Penn State may have buried the game tape, but you can watch all 10 @Temple_FB sacks from Sat on our YouTube page https://t.co/xkp5lidkzS— American Football (@American_FB) September 9, 2015That’s tremendous. This was Temple’s first win over PSU in over 70 years, and they set a conference sack record in the process. The AAC doesn’t have many opportunities to brag about its football accomplishments, so it is understandably proud of the Owls’ performance.last_img read more

Aboriginal groups pull out of premiers meeting AFN official

first_imgEDMONTON – An Ontario chief says three national Indigenous groups have told Alberta Premier Rachel Notley they won’t be at a meeting with the premiers next week in Edmonton.Isadore Day, Ontario chief with the Assembly of First Nations, says he supports the decision by leaders of the Assembly of First Nations, the Metis National Council and the Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami not to attend the meeting on Monday, the day before the premiers hold their own talks.“Our participation needs to be meaningful,” Day said Friday. “Talk is cheap.”The leaders of the three groups have scheduled a news conference for Monday morning in Toronto, saying they “expect full inclusion in intergovernmental tables.”Day said holding separate talks for Indigenous leaders “doesn’t meet the test of reconciliation.”Notley’s spokeswoman, Cheryl Oates, said officials are continuing to talk with aboriginal groups about their attendance.“We would like them to come,” she said. “We’ll keep working to encourage them to come.”Five national aboriginal groups were originally scheduled to attend the meeting. The Native Women’s Association of Canada and the Indigenous Peoples’ Assembly of Canada have not signalled whether they will be there.Day said Indigenous leaders are prepared to push harder if the provinces and territories don’t demonstrate a willingness to change their position on the meetings.“We are in troubled waters right now,” he said.last_img read more

Pleasant morning in Delhi 34 degrees likely

first_imgNew Delhi: It was a bright and cool morning in the national capital on Tuesday with the minimum temperature recorded two notches below the season’s average at 16.2 degrees Celsius. The maximum temperature was expected to hover around 34 degrees Celsius. “The sky will remain clear throughout the day,” an Indian Meteorological Department official said. At 8.30 a.m. the humidity was recorded at 65 per cent. On Monday, the maximum temperature was recorded at 33.7 degrees Celsius, while the minimum was recorded a notch below the season’s average at 17.6 degrees Celsius, both season’s average.last_img read more

A Brazilian auctions her virginity receives 15 Million offer from

first_imgCasablanca- Today, you can find anything exposed for sale on the internet—even a girl’s virginity! Catarina Migliorini, the Brazilian college girl who stirred a polemic by auctioning off her virginity online 15 months ago, is now doing it again after the initial deal proved to be a total failure. Surprisingly, someone has even proposed to her!We all remember the 21-year-old Migliorini who had sold her virginity online for $ 780,000. Well, the Japanese billionaire who won the online bid against three other bidders seemingly changed his mind, and Migliorini said she was the victim of a well-sewed dupery, especially after she shot the Justin-Sisely-made documentary “Virgins Wanted” on that very auction.The controversial Brazilian college student re-launched the online auction again, and this time on her own website, VirginsWanted2.com. Since then, one of the most tempting offers she has received for her virginity is $440,000. However, Migliorini is now raising the bar higher after she has recently received a $1.5 million marriage proposal from an undisclosed Arab billionaire. Hence, she has disregarded the $440, 000 offer, extended the deadline for bids until February 14 and started probing the very tempting marriage offer.“”I decided to continue because I received a proposal from an Arab millionaire and I’m thinking about it, [because] this proposal involves a possible marriage,” she was quoted as saying by The Huffington Post.” I decided to extend the time so I could analyze everything well in advance.”Migliorini seemed very optimistic about the Arab billionaire’s recent offer, describing the Arab proposer as a “romantic,” “handsome” and “very intelligent” man, who “lives in a beautiful mansion [and] speaks 11 languages.”Migliorini claims that she plans to donate 90% of the auction money for charity, mainly to enable certain associations in the Brazilian state of Santa Catarina, where she’s from, to build homes for people in need.However, according to Huffington Post, Australian filmmaker Sisely said he was surprised to hear Migliorini speak about the 90% charity donation part, since she had affirmed to him that offering her virginity for sale was “a business decision for her.”© Morocco World News. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, rewritten or redistributedlast_img read more