Facebook The GRAMMY-winning songwriter/guitarist will be releasing a greatest hits album and touring North America this fall in supportAna YglesiasGRAMMYs Aug 14, 2018 – 5:39 pm The former Fleetwood Mac guitarist Lindsey Buckingham announced today that he will be releasing Solo Anthology: The Best of Lindsey Buckingham this fall, and touring North America in support of the album. https://twitter.com/LBuckingham/status/1029427791912165377 News Twitter The collection, which will be available Oct. 5 both digitally and as a three-disc set, will include two previously unreleased songs, plus remastered and live versions of Buckingham’s hits spanning his career, from his 1981 solo debut album Law And Order to his 2017 duet album with former-bandmate Christine McVie. A special vinyl version will also be available at a later date.Buckingham began making music with Fleetwood Mac when he and Stevie Nicks joined the band in 1975, helping write many of their hits, including GRAMMY-nominated classic “Go Your Own Way.” Fleetwood Mac, along with Buckingham, was honored as the 2018 MusiCares Person of the Year, the first ever band to receive the award.The tour will begin on Oct. 7 in Portland, Ore., with tickets on sale this week. All tickets purchased will include a copy of the new album; to purchase tickets and for more information, visit Buckingham’s website.Catching Up On Music News Powered By The Recording Academy Just Got Easier. Have A Google Home Device? “Talk To GRAMMYs”Read more Lindsey Buckingham Announces Solo Tour, Anthology lindsey-buckingham-announces-tour-and-solo-anthology Lindsey Buckingham Announces Tour And ‘Solo Anthology’ Email
WILMINGTON, MA — The Public Hearing for the Detox Facility Proposal slated for the Wilmington Board of Appeals meeting on Wednesday, August 8 at 7pm at Town Hall has been POSTPONED, again, to Wednesday, September 12 at 7pm at Town Hall.The applicant (Bettering LLC) requested a continuance. Their representatives will NOT be at the meeting and there is expected to be no discussion on the matter.The public hearing began back on February 14 when approximately 200 residents packed the Town Hall Auditorium. Attorney Mark Bobrowski and project engineer Ben Osgood received heavy criticism from three Board of Appeals members and more than 20 speakers from the audience, most of whom expressed a concern over a lack of answers and information, particularly surrounding the facility’s security procedures.After 3.5 hours of discussion, the board unanimously voted to continue the public hearing to its Wednesday, April 25 meeting. The hearing, however, has been subsequently rescheduled multiple times as the Board of Appeals waits for the Planning Board to complete site plan review.Bettering LLC is next scheduled to be in front of the Planning Board on Tuesday, August 7, after its public hearing for site plan review and a stormwater management permit was continued from Tuesday, July 10.Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email email@example.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedDID YOU HEAR?… The Detox Facility Proposal’s Public Hearing Has Been Postponed To June 13In “Government”Concerned Citizens Of Wilmington Reminds Residents Of Public Hearing On Proposed Drug Treatment Center On Sept. 12In “Government”Town Proposes New Rules & Regulations For Subdividing Land; Public Hearing Set For September 10In “Government”
Mohsin Vora, the brother of Asif, told AFP that they were initially told his brother and nephew were injured in the attack, before a family member identified their bodies when they flew to New Zealand. “I and (the) parents of Ramiz’s wife have been granted visas. We will be leaving for New Zealand soon,” Vora said. Three of the dead from the mass shooting at Al Noor mosque were from Gujarat state. They were father and son victims Asif and Ramiz Vora, and 65-year-old retiree Mahboob Khokhar, who was visiting his son in Christchurch. Desperate families in India have been trying to confirm the safety of their relatives after 28-year-old Australian white supremacist Brenton Tarrant allegedly launched his murderous rampage. An Indian foreign ministry official in New Delhi told AFP that they are “in process of ascertaining information about all Indians affected by the terror attack”. The fifth victim, Ozair Kadir, was an aspiring commercial pilot from Hyderabad city. Five Indian nationals were among the 50 worshippers killed in the Christchurch mosque attacks, with at least two others reported to be injured, officials said Sunday. The official denied Indian media reports that claimed seven people were killed in the attack. Ansi Karippakulam Alibava — a 23-year-old from Kerala, who had lived with her husband in Christchurch since last year as she studied for a masters — was also confirmed dead. India’s embassy in New Zealand confirmed the deaths in a tweet, following the devastating shootings at twin mosques in the normally peaceful city. Vora said his 56-year-old brother had gone to meet his new grandchild a month ago.
Stephen Costello, Houston’s Flood Czar, at a forum on flooding held by the Center for Houston’s FutureAfter the Tax Day floods, Houston’s mayor, Sylvester Turner, appointed Stephen Costello — a former council member and an engineer — to see what the city could be doing better. One thing he’s finding is flood hotspots.“One street, four houses flood all the time,” Costello says of one neighborhood in West Houston.They are neighborhoods where Costello says drainage is so bad that a typical downpour can mean a couple inches of water inside homes.“My next goal is to meet with the (Turner) administration to identify these areas that we need to go in and fix these pockets of problem areas,” says Costello.Costello was speaking to forum on flooding held by the Center for Houston’s Future.Other problems highlighted included the thousands of small detention ponds that can be required to hold rain run-off from housing and commercial development. Mary Anne Piacentini, Executive Director of the Katy Prairie Conservancy, says there’s no oversight of the ponds that some think are critical component in reducing flooding.“Once a development is done, nobody comes back in to make sure you’re doing everything right,” says Piacentini.Says flood czar Costello: “Who’s maintaining them? I have no idea who’s maintaining them. I know the city’s not.”There was agreement at the forum that it’s not just up to the City to do something, but rather there needs to be a regional coordinator for flood projects in the surrounding counties as well. Listen X To embed this piece of audio in your site, please use this code: 00:00 /01:07 Share