To access this article REGISTER NOWWould you like print copies, app and digital replica access too? SUBSCRIBE for as little as £5 per week. Would you like to read more?Register for free to finish this article.Sign up now for the following benefits:Four FREE articles of your choice per monthBreaking news, comment and analysis from industry experts as it happensChoose from our portfolio of email newsletters
“This is a difficult decision. But it is essential for safeguarding public health, and public health comes first.”Government officials said the order would come into force immediately for Israelis returning to the country. From Thursday, any non-Israelis seeking to enter the country will have to prove they have the means to self-quarantine, the officials said.Israeli media said the latest measure would mean quarantine for some 300,000 citizens in a country of around 9 million.Palestinians in the Israeli-occupied West Bank have also been hit by the virus, reporting 25 confirmed cases. The Palestinian Authority (PA) has turned foreigners away at checkpoints and ordered schools and national parks closed. Israel will require anyone arriving from overseas to self-quarantine for 14 days as a precaution against the spread of coronavirus, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday.With 42 confirmed cases of the virus, Israel has already taken some tough counter-measures, forcing visitors from many countries in Asia and Europe into home isolation. The virus has hit travel and trade, with tourism in particular expected to suffer.”Anyone who arrives in Israel from abroad will enter a 14-day isolation,” Netanyahu said in a video statement. He said the new measures would be in effect for two weeks initially. The PA said on Monday it was barring Palestinians from travelling to neighboring Jordan through the Israeli-controlled Allenby Bridge crossing, with immediate effect. Foreigners would still be allowed to leave and all entries allowed, the PA said.Israeli officials had no immediate comment on the Allenby measures.Uncertainty in Israel about the impact of the new measures hit Tel Aviv’s blue-chip stock index and the broader TA-125 which were both down around 6.5%.The shekel, which peaked against the dollar in mid-February at 3.416, was trading at about 3.5 on Monday.Israel’s central bank has said it did not expect a major economic impact if the virus was halted in the coming months, but that it was ready to use monetary policy tools “whenever necessary” should conditions worsen.Netanyahu invited the media on Monday to a video conference he held with leaders of Italy, Austria, Hungary, Bulgaria, Romania, Croatia and Cyprus to discuss cooperation on the crisis. Among his proposals was to regularly disinfect select airports in Europe to help preserve international deliveries of supplies.Israeli public broadcaster Kan said the quarantine restrictions were even affecting the country’s intelligence service. Kan said, without citing sources, that returning Mossad operatives had been ordered to stay at home for two weeks.Thirteen Americans were heading home from the Holy Land on Monday after they were cleared in a coronavirus scare, the mayor of the Palestinian town where they had been quarantined said.The group, from the 3Circle Church in Fairhope, Alabama, was placed in quarantine at the Angel Hotel in Beit Jala on Wednesday after several hotel staff there tested positive.Topics :
The Mermaid Beach apartment at 5/121 Hedges Ave will go to auction next month.A BEACHFRONT apartment that was a Gold Coast escape for a high-profile Brisbane builder is up for grabs.The fifth floor apartment in Mermaid Beach’s Solano building was used as a holiday home by Fardoulys Constructions founder Peter Fardoulys until he died in 2017.Robin Fardoulys, who now heads up the family’s Coorparoo-based construction company, said the family had decided it was time to sell the property on Millionaires’ Row. It is a blank canvas waiting for new owners. Video Player is loading.Play VideoPlayNext playlist itemMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:50Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:50 Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedCaptionscaptions settings, opens captions settings dialogcaptions off, selectedQuality Levels720p720pHD540p540p360p360p270p270pAutoA, selectedAudio Tracken (Main), selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window.This is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.Close Modal DialogThis is a modal window. This modal can be closed by pressing the Escape key or activating the close button.PlayMuteCurrent Time 0:00/Duration 0:00Loaded: 0%Stream Type LIVESeek to live, currently playing liveLIVERemaining Time -0:00 Playback Rate1xFullscreenTop tips for sellers in Spring00:50 MORE NEWS: Andrew Winter taking home to auction this spring It is right on the beach and close to popular cafes and restaurants.“The apartment has a modern kitchen, three good-sized bedrooms, including a master suitewith an ensuite, and a study nook, three balconies and secure parking in the basement,” Mr Henderson said.“The apartment is light and bright but the best thing is that the beach is just a few stepsaway.”It also has panoramic views that stretch from Coolangatta to Stradbroke Island. MORE NEWS: Popular pad more than an online phenomenon It will go under the hammer at John Henderson Professionals’ spring auction event on September 10.Agency partner and marketing agent Luke Henderson said a renovation had breathed new life into Solano, which was on the corner of Venice St and Hedges Ave.More from news02:37International architect Desmond Brooks selling luxury beach villa10 hours ago02:37Gold Coast property: Sovereign Islands mega mansion hits market with $16m price tag1 day ago“It’s a boutique building that has undergone a major refurbishment in recent years,’’ he said.“Because there are only six apartments in the building, they have been tightly held and thereis always strong demand from buyers when one of the apartments becomes available.”He said the Fardoulys’ apartment was a blank canvas waiting for its new owner to add their personal touch to it.
Stuff co.nz 7 June 2014The Greens have ratified a policy on abortion, which would get rid of a process a certified consultant says is “perfectly workable”.Abortion is a crime under the Crimes Act, and is legal only if two consultants agree that the pregnancy would seriously harm the woman’s physical or mental health, or that there is a substantial risk the child would be born seriously disabled.The Greens want abortion removed from the crime statutes, saying it would reduce stigma and judgment surrounding the procedure. This would mean a woman seeking one would not need external approval.Family First NZ rejected the Greens’ call, saying the existing safeguards were there to protect women and children.“Along with protecting the rights of the unborn child, we need to protect the rights of women and young girls to know the medical facts in order that they can make fully informed de cisions,” spokeswoman Marina Young said. “The current safe guards are a small step towards that.”Statistics from 2012, the latest available, showed 14,745 abortions were carried out in New Zealand, the lowest number since 1995. The median age of women having an abortion was 25 years and in 62 per cent of cases it was the woman’s first abortion.http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/news/politics/10129550/Abortion-no-crime-say-Greens
Shanique MyriePORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (CMC) – Shanique Myrie, the 24-year-old Jamaican woman, who has taken legal action against the Barbados government after she alleged she was sexually assaulted by a female Immigration officer, insulted, and then denied entry into the country last year, is seeking significant damages including an apology from the Barbados government.In documents filed with the Trinidad-based Caribbean Court of Justice (CCJ), which in April granted her special leave to commence proceedings against the Barbados government, Myrie is also claiming J$118,000 (US$1,340) in special damages to cover the cost of airline ticket, medical expenses and a slipper.In addition she is also seeking unspecified amounts for exemplary damages, aggravated damages and interest.Her lawyer, Michelle Brown had argued before the CCJ in April that Myrie was subjected to “forceful brutish language” by immigration officials at the Sir Grantley Adams International Airport on her arrival into the country on March 14 last year.The Jamaican-born attorney said that her client is “still not certain what laws of Barbados she broke” resulting in her being refused entry into a CARICOM country that had signed on to the 2007 declaration allowing for the free movement of people within the region.“She has suffered direct and indirect discrimination,” Brown said, arguing that Barbados exercised its sovereignty when it signed the 2007 CARICOM declaration and that failure to bring it in line with domestic legislation “does not negate its obligations under international law”.In the documents filed with the CCJ last month, Myrie wants a declaration that the Barbados government breached her right to enter the country pursuant to Article 45 of the Revised Treaty of Chaguaramas that governs the regional integration movement, CARICOM.She also wants a declaration Barbados discriminated against here “on the ground of nationality only in denying her entry and subjecting her to inhumane treatment” as well as that the action by Barbadian border officials and agents of the government were “null and void”.Myrie is also seeking an order that the Barbados government issue her with an official document “stating that the denial of entry on March 14, 2011 was unlawful and that the “Cancelled” entry stamp in her passport is null and void.In addition, she wants an order that the Barbados government “issue an apology …for violating her fundamental human rights and freedom, in particular, by treating her in a discriminatory manner; conducting an unlawful body search; conducting an unlawful cavity search; arbitrarily and unlawfully detaining and verbally abusing” her.She is also wants the Barbados government to take “reasonable steps to facilitate educational or sensitivity training for all Border Officials on Barbados’ obligations under the Revised Treaty and international human rights law, in keeping with the object and purpose of the Revised Treaty and the goal of free movement”.In April, the five-member CCJ panel, headed by its President, Sir Dennis Byron, approved Myrie’s application to file the case during a special sitting in Barbados, the first time the regional court, which was established in 2001 to replace the London-based Privy Council, sat outside its Trinidad-based headquarters. Sharing is caring! Share 9 Views no discussions Share NewsRegional Shanique Myrie seeking significant damages from Barbados by: – June 5, 2012 Tweet Share
“For example po, sa Zamboanga, dati GCQ sila. Ngunit noong nag-request ang city government na gawing ECQ, nakinig naman po ang IATF. Ganun din sa Albay, dati dinowngrade na sila sa GCQ but they requested for an extension,” he added. The Metro Manila Council (MMC) is set to recommend before the IATF-EID today three scenarios after the second ECQ extension—first, ECQ extension for at least 15 days, second is to move Metro Manila to GCQ and third is modified combination of an ECQ and a GCQ. “Ginagalang natin ang rekomendasyon ng ating Metro Manila mayors kasi nga po katuwang natin sila sa pagpapatupad ng enhanced community quarantine,” Malaya said in an interview with DZBB. A woman eats her meal beside a sign asking for food, medical supplies, alcohol, and face masks for the poor at a slum area in Quezon City, Manila. The government will decide today whether to extend the enhanced community quarantine in various parts of the country beyond May 15. AARON FAVILLA/AP “Sa Lunes po magkakaron ng approval ang ating Presidente kung anong mangyayari sa atin ng May 15,” Roque said during the Laging Handa virtual press conference over the weekend. The ECQ was first declared on March 17 covering the entire Luzon, to prevent the further spread of COVID-19. It has been extended in several areas, including Metro Manila, twice or until May 15./PN MANILA – President Rodrigo Duterte will decide today whether to extend the enhanced community quarantine (ECQ) in some parts of the country, including National Capital Region, beyond May 15. Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said Duterte will make the verdict during the scheduled Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of the Emerging Infectious Disease (IATF-EID) this afternoon. Department of the Interior and Local Government (DILG) Undersecretary Jonathan Malaya, meanwhile, said that the IATF-EID will strong consider the recommendation of the MMC. “‘Yan po ay ibabase natin sa siyensiya titignan ang dami ng kaso ng (coronavirus disease 2019) COVID sa isang siyudad sa isang barangay at titignan natin ang kapasidad na magbigay ng critical care,” he added.
Indianapolis, In. — Unemployment in the Hoosier state for January is 3.3 percent, lower than the national average of 4.1 percent. For more than four years, the Indiana rate has been lower than the national average.The statewide labor force decreased 7,294 over the previous month. This was a result of 4,105 unemployed residents no longer seeking employment within the past four weeks, and a 3,189 decrease in residents employed. Indiana’s total labor force, which includes both Hoosiers employed and those seeking employment, stands at 3.31 million, and the state’s 63.7 percent labor force participation rate remains above the national rate of 62.7 percent.
RelatedPosts Neymar bags two-match ban Neymar risks seven-game ban, Gonzalez 10 Neymar, four others sent off as Marseille grab rare win at PSG Luis Muriel became the first Colombian to score two goals against Brazil when he netted twice in the first half. However, goals from Casemiro and Neymar gave Brazil a deserved 2-2 draw in an entertaining match in Miami. Brazil took the lead in the 20th minute when Casemiro headed home a corner from Neymar, who was making his return to the national side after missing their victorious Copa America campaign. Muriel equalised from the penalty spot six minutes later after Alec Sandro was penalised for a clumsy challenge. Sandro then gave Colombia the lead 11 minutes before half time when he rifled high into the net from 10 meters out to finish off a superb team move. Brazil improved in the second half and Neymar got them level after 58 minutes when he tapped in from close range after Philippe Coutinho had split the Colombian defence with a long pass. In a game played without the use of VAR, Neymar had a strong penalty claim turned away with a quarter of an hour remaining. This was when Davison Sanchez forced him face first into pitch-side advertising but the referee waved the claim away and neither side could get the winner. “It was a difficult game, but I think that we had more chances and we could have won,” said Brazil captain Dani Alves. “But I think that a game at this level really could have gone either way. It’s left a bitter taste in our mouth.” Brazil will now go to Los Angeles where they face Peru on Tuesday, while Colombia play Venezuela in Tampa the same night. Reuters/NAN.Tags: Alex SandroBrazilCasemiroColombiaLuis MurielNeymar
Press Association Cliftonville goalkeeper Conor Devlin has been added to the Northern Ireland squad for their World Cup qualifying double header against Portugal and Luxembourg. O’Neill used goalkeeping coach Maik Taylor on the bench for last month’s win over Russia, but has opted to hand Devlin his first senior call-up this time. Manager Michael O’Neill included only two goalkeepers in his initial squad – Roy Carroll and Michael McGovern – but Devlin has been training with the team in Belfast this week and has been formally added to the side ahead of Friday night’s clash with Portugal. He will also travel to Luxembourg on Sunday.
Bio Latest posts by Hugh Bowden (see all) Like he did in the ’60s, Noel Paul Stookey sings out in troubling times – December 27, 2017 Tom Paola pitched a complete game five-hitter but was outdueled by Presque Isle’s Saul Nunez, who allowed just four hits and struck out 11, in the Wildcats’ 3-2 first game win in Saturday’s doubleheader in Presque Isle.Jon Phelps doubled and drove in two runs and Jack Sasner, Steve Hanscom and Andrew Davis each singled for the Trojans.Phelps pitched eight innings with 10 strikeouts to win the 6-4 second game as the Trojans snapped a 4-4 tie with two runs im the top of the eighth.Phelps and Hanscom each drove in three runs with two hits apiece and Davis had a pair of hits.Find in-depth coverage of local news in the Mount Desert Islander. Subscribe digitally or in print.This is placeholder textThis is placeholder text Hugh BowdenExecutive EditorHugh writes editorials, covers Hancock County sports and helps out where needed in The American’s editorial department. When he’s not on the sidelines, he enjoys playing jazz and tennis. firstname.lastname@example.org Latest Posts Is this the kind of government we deserve? – July 10, 2017 GSA surges in 4th to win Northern Maine title – February 26, 2017